These will probably sound all quite obvious, so treat them as a gentle reminder on good housekeeping.
- Stay hydrated
- Remember to take a break
- Set yourself some objectives but don’t overburden yourself, we suggest 3!
- Enjoy yourself and smile
- Keep the stand clear, smart and tidy
- Listen and use open questions
- You have two ears and one mouth ... listen more than you talk
- Yawn and look bored
- Drink, eat or smoke
- Use mobiles or hand held devices in open view (unless demonstrating)
- Use closed questions
- Ignore anyone
- Pounce, intimidate or be too pushy
- Be under the influence of drink or drugs
- Spend too long with visitors
It is an experience and with all experiences, you get out what you put in but most of all enjoy.
Written by Darren Elliott