0203 633 4923

Getting married in Italy:
legal document requirements

Congratulations on choosing Italy for your wedding abroad.

TLC UK provide a full service (translation and legalisation) and a part service (translation only). We also operate a scheduled messenger service for document legalisation requests. However, getting married in Italy does not involve the need for these specific services.

We highly recommend speaking with the resort/wedding planner or national embassy direct first, but legal papers required may well consist of some if not all of the following:

  • Passports
  • Full birth certificates
  • Sworn affidavit stating that you are free to marry (single status affidavit)
  • Certificate of No Impediment
  • If you have been divorced then the final divorce papers and your former marriage certificate must be shown along with a certified and notarised copy
  • If you are widowed then the death certificate of your previous spouse must be shown, along with a certified and notarised copy

If you require the services of a notary public, why not use our directory listing to find one near you?

Remember: if you need your marriage certificate translated into English upon your return to the UK, we can help.

Can I get married here?