0203 633 4923

FAQ About Service

Can I send photocopies?

No, we need your original documents in order to be able to legalise them at the FCO and the relevant consulate/embassy and attach them to the notarised translations.

Do I need to take copies?

(We don’t know) Your travel agent will be best placed to advise you on any copies you might need to take with you. Any copies of the documents that have been translated and legalised or their translations will need to be legalised as well for them to be valid copies.

How can I pay you?

You can make payment by credit or debit card over the phone or by cheque.We only accept cash from customers attending our offices in person.

How do I know I can trust you with my original documents?

As legalisation professionals, we know how important and sensitive your documents are. This is why we attend the FCO and country authorities personally to ensure your documents are treated with the utmost care.

TLC UK is a member of several organisations that reinforce our commitment to delivering the best service; among these: The Association of Translation Companies, GWE Chamber of Commerce, ISO 90001 and the FCO Know Before You Go Campaign.

How long does the whole process take?

Normally you can expect your translated and legalised documents within a maximum of 3 weeks.

How long will the documents be valid for?

For legal purposes in Cuba, documents will be valid for 6 months once they have been legalised by the Cuban Consulate in the UK.

How should I send the documents to you?

It is strongly recommended to send the documents by special delivery.

How will you send the documents back to me?

Your documents will be dispatched by special delivery with next day delivery before 1pm.

Is there an extra fee for urgency?

Yes. For requests outside our standard delivery times, a surcharge will apply.

Is there anything else I need to do after what you are going to do?

Once we have translated and legalised your documents they are ready to be submitted before the relevant authorities of the country where you are getting married.

What documents do I need?

Depending on your personal situation documentation requirements will vary. Please give us a call to find out what documents you need or check with your travel agent or with the hotel direct to finalise what your legal documentation requirements are before sending your documents to us as these may vary region to region and hotel to hotel.

What other destinations do you legalise for?

Depending on where in the world you are getting married, you might need elements of translation and/or legalisation done before your wedding. If you are unsure if you require legalisation services for your wedding destination and need advice please contact us.

Is the apostille included in your services?

Yes this is included as part of our full service offering

Where do I send the documents, once you have returned them to me?

You should contact your travel agent and they will inform you whether the documentation needs to be sent to them or to the hotel/registry where the wedding is taking place.

Where do I send the documents?

The Translation & Legalisation Company
88 Kingsway
United Kingdom

end faq