1. Definitions & Interpretation
- 1.1 In these Terms:
Client means the individual, firm, company or other party to whom TLC UK has agreed to provide the Services in accordance with these Conditions
Contract means a contract for TLC UK to provide Services to the Client
Document includes, in addition to a document in writing, any map, plan, graph, drawing or photograph, any film, negative, tape or other device embodying visual images and any disc, tape or other device embodying any other data
Order form means any order form for the provision of the services
Services means the translation services to be provided by TLC UK to the Client
Source Material means any Document provided by the Client to TLC UK in relation to the provision of the Services
TLC UK means The Translation & Legalisation Company Limited, a company registered in England & Wales under company number 8623564, registered address Redwood House,: 65 Bristol Road, Keynsham, Bristol, BS31 2WB.
Terms means the standard terms of sale set out in this document and (unless the context otherwise requires) including any special terms agreed in writing between TLC UK and the Client
Translated Material means any translated Document provided by TLC UK to the Client in relation to the provision of the Services
Writing and any similar expression includes facsimile transmission and comparable means of communication, including e-mail
- 1.2 Where the context permits, words importing the singular shall include the plural and vice versa; and words importing the masculine shall include the feminine and neuter and vice versa.
- 1.3 The headings in these Conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.
- 1.4 The words ‘includes’ or ‘including’ will mean ‘includes/including without limitation’.
2. Basis of the Provision of Services
- 2.1 TLC UK shall provide and the Client shall purchase the Services subject to these terms which shall govern the Contract to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions subject to which any quotation is accepted or purported to be accepted, or any order is made or purported to be made, by the Client.
- 2.2 If the Client submits an instruction containing terms inconsistent with or purporting to override these terms, TLC UK’s acknowledgment or acceptance of such instruction shall constitute a counter-offer on these terms.
- 2.3 No variation to these terms shall be binding unless agreed in Writing between the authorised representatives of the Client and TLC UK.
- 2.4 TLC UK's employees or agents are not authorised to make any representations concerning the Services unless confirmed by TLC UK in Writing. In entering into the Contract the Client acknowledges that it does not rely on any such representations, which are not so confirmed, but nothing in these terms affects the liability of either party for fraudulent misrepresentation.
- 2.5 The Client shall at its own expense supply TLC UK with all necessary Documents or other materials, and all necessary data or other information relating to the Services, within sufficient time to enable TLC UK to provide the Services in accordance with the Contract. The Client shall ensure the accuracy of all Source Material.
- 2.6 The Client shall at its own expense retain duplicate copies of all Source Material and insure against its accidental loss or damage. TLC UK shall have no liability for any such loss or damage, however caused.
- 2.7 Any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any website, sales literature, quotation, price list, acceptance of offer, invoice or other document or information issued by TLC UK shall be subject to correction without any liability on the part of TLC UK.
- 2.8 The Client shall be responsible for ensuring the fitness of the Services for the Client’s required purpose.
- 2.9 No order which has been accepted by TLC UK may be cancelled or part cancelled by the Client except with the agreement in Writing of TLC UK and on terms (if TLC UK so decides) that the Client shall indemnify TLC UK in full against all loss (including loss of profit), costs (including the cost of all labour), damages charges and expenses incurred by TLC UK as a result of cancellation.
- 3.1 Quotations for the price of the Services are provided for guidance only and shall not be binding upon TLC UK unless it has had sight of the full Document(s) to be translated and such quotation is given in writing.
- 3.2 The terms of any quotation will expire after 30 days from the date the quotation was given after which they may be altered by TLC UK without notice to the client.
- 3.3 TLC UK reserves the right to increase the quoted price at any time to reflect any relevant factor beyond the control of TLC UK (including any change in the Client’s instructions). TLC UK shall provide the Client with written notice of such change as soon as reasonably possible.
- 3.4 TLC UK reserves the right to change its standard rates without prior notice.
- 3.5 All prices quoted are exclusive of VAT or any other tax or duty which may be incurred and which the Client shall pay in full in addition to the price of the Services.
- 4.1 Where the Client places an order for Services via the website:
- 4.1.1 payment of the order value displayed on screen must be made at the time of placing the order; and
- 4.1.2 TLC UK will invoice the Client for any further payments which arise in connection with the provision of the Services (for example, where it becomes apparent that further Documents require translation).
and TLC UK will not commence provision of the Services or, where work has already commenced, will suspend the provision of the Services until payment of all sums arising under 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 have been received in full.
- 4.2 Where the Client places an order for the Services other than via the website:
- 4.2.1 TLC UK may invoice the Client for the price of the Services (including any increase in the price arising under clause 3.3 above) on or at any time after performance of the Services; and
- 4.2.2 payment for all invoices must be received within a maximum of 21 days from the date of the invoice and must be made without any deduction or set-off for any reason (including any alleged defect in the Services).
- 4.3 The time of payment of the price shall be of the essence of the Contract.
- 4.4 TLC UK reserves the right to charge interest on all overdue payments. Interest will be charged daily on the basis of a 365 day year. The interest amount will be 3% above the base rate from time to time of Barclays Bank PLC from the date of the first missed payment until the outstanding amount is paid in full (whether before or after judgment).
- 4.5 Payment is to be made in sterling unless otherwise agreed by TLC UK. Receipts for payment will be issued only on request.
- 4.6 TLC UK reserves the right to charge a premium for non-standard Services (for example, Services required urgently, overnight or at the weekend) and shall provide a quotation for the same on request.
- 4.7 TLC UK will make additional charges for variations to the Contract including any change to the Client’s instructions.
- 4.8 The Translated Material will remain the property of TLC UK until TLC UK has received the Client’s payment for the Services in full.
5. TLC UK’s obligations
- 5.1 TLC UK will provide the Services using all reasonable care and skill and in accordance with any applicable industry standards.
- 5.2 TLC UK will use all reasonable skill and care in the selection of all translators and other personnel involved in providing the Services.
- 5.3 TLC UK will consider amendments to any material error contained in the Translated Material if notified in writing of the same within 7 days of delivery to the Client. If the Client does not so notify TLC UK, TLC UK shall have no liability for such error.
- 5.4 TLC UK will not make any amendments which are merely stylistic in nature. Whether an error is material or stylistic shall be determined solely at the discretion of TLC UK, who shall exercise such discretion reasonably and in good faith.
- 5.5 TLC UK will not be liable to correct any errors inherent in the Source Material and will translate the same on an “as is” basis.
- 5.6 TLC UK and its agents will respect the confidential nature of the Client’s Documents and will only disclose them or the information required within them with the agreement of the Client or where required by law.
6. The Client’s warranties and obligations
- 6.1 The Client warrants that use of the Source Material will not directly or indirectly infringe the property or intellectual property rights of any other party. The Client grants to TLC UK and its agents a licence to store and use the Source Material and Translated Material for the purpose of providing the Services.
- 6.2 The Client further warrants that the Source Material is for their purposes correct, accurate and free from error and TLC UK shall not be liable for any defect in the Translated Material which arises as a result of an error in the Source Material or otherwise due to any inaccuracy in the Client’s instructions.
- 6.3 The Client warrants that the Source Material is not of an obscene offensive or libellous nature.
- 6.4 The Client will indemnify TLC UK and its agents against all losses, costs and claims of any nature caused by TLC UK’s use or possession of the Source Material or any breach of these terms or other terms applicable to the Contract.
- 6.5 The Client will provide TLC UK with full written details of any claims it has in respect of the Translated Material within 7 days of delivery of the Translated Material. If the Client does not so notify TLC UK of such claims TLC UK shall have no liability to the Client in respect of the same.
7. Limitations on liability
- 7.1 Except as otherwise provided, and except where the Client is a consumer (within the meaning of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977) all warranties, conditions and other terms implied by Statute or common law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- 7.2 TLC UK will not be liable for any losses caused by any statements made outside of these conditions. All statements are made in good faith but are not to be construed as guarantees nor warranties. The Client is not entitled to rescind the contract on the grounds of any such representation.
- 7.3 TLC UK makes no warranty that the Translated Material will be suitable for the Client’s specific requirements and it is the responsibility of the Client to make such enquiries as it deems necessary to satisfy itself as to the suitability of the Source Material for its purposes.
- 7.4 TLC UK makes no warranty that the Translated Material will be free from non-material errors.
- 7.5 Except in cases of death or personal injury causes by its negligence, TLC UK’s further liability to the Client respect of the provision of the Services is strictly limited as follows;
- 7.5.1 TLC UK will not be liable for any indirect or consequential losses (including loss of profit or opportunity), expenses, damages or similar incurred by the Client or any third party.
- 7.5.2 TLC UK’s entire liability to the Client under the Contract will not exceed the price payable by the Client to TLC UK in respect of the Contract.
- 7.6 All Documents which the Client has supplied to TLC UK will be held or dealt with by TLC UK at the Client’s risk. TLC UK will hold and deal with the same using all reasonable care and precautions but will not be liable to the Client for any loss or damage to such Documents whether occurring at TLC UK’s premises or in transit (and for this reason TLC UK strongly recommend that all Documents are sent to it by special delivery), or any consequential losses flowing from this.
- 7.7 TLC UK will not be liable for any breach of its obligations under the Contract resulting from causes beyond its reasonable control including but not limited to fires strikes (of its own or other employees) insurrection or riots embargoes acts of terror inability to obtain supplies or requirements or regulations of any civil or military authority or any event of a similar similar nature and/or effect (an ‘Event of Force Majeure’).
- 8.1 All dates for the delivery of the Translated Material are approximate only. Time is not of the essence unless otherwise agreed by TLC UK. TLC UK will not be liable for the consequences of any delay.
- 8.2 TLC UK shall use Special Delivery or other registered postal and/or courier services or e-mail to deliver the Translated Material to the Client. TLC UK accepts no liability to the Client for Goods lost or damaged in transit and proof of posting.
- 8.3 All Translated Material shall be at the sole risk of the Client from the time of delivery to or to the order of the Client. Delivery takes place at the moment of posting (including the sending of e-mail) or delivery to a carrier and proof of such posting or delivery to a carrier shall be conclusive.
- 9.1 The Contract will terminate automatically once the Services have been provided by TLC UK and paid for by the Client in full.
- 9.2 The Contract may also be terminated by TLC UK if;
- 9.2.1 The Client commits any material breach of the Contract and which (in the case of a breach capable of being remedied) has not been remedied within 7 days of a written request to remedy the same.
- 9.2.2 The Client goes into liquidation, (in the case of an individual or firm) becomes bankrupt, makes a voluntary arrangement with his or its creditors or has a receiver or administrator appointed or suffers an event of a similar nature.
- 9.3 Any termination of the Contract will not prejudice any rights or remedies which have accrued to TLC UK or the Client prior to the date of termination.
- 10.1 Any dispute which arises between the parties and relates to the “quality” of the Translated Material will be referred either to such person as shall be agreed between the parties or in default of such agreement within 7 days of the commencement of discussions regarding the appointment of such person to the Chair of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting or such equivalent body in force at the time of the dispute. Such person will act as expert, not as arbitrator and his decision will be final and binding upon the parties. The fees of such person shall be borne as he shall direct, or in the absence of direction equally by the parties.
- 10.2 TLC UK may sub-contract the provision of the Services or assign or transfer its rights and obligations under the Contract.
- 10.3 All notices in relation to the Contract must be in writing and will be deemed served if delivered at the time of delivery or if posted 2 days after posting via normal first class recorded post to the party’s last known address or place of business. All notices must be in the English language.
- 10.4 The Contract will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- 10.5 A person who is not a party to the Contract has no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any terms of the Contract.
- 10.6 These terms (together with any website terms and conditions where applicable) constitute the entire agreement between the parties, supersede any previous agreement or understanding and may not be varied except in writing between the parties. All other terms and conditions, express or implied by statute or otherwise, are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- 10.7 No failure or delay by either party in exercising any of its rights under these terms shall be deemed to be a waiver of that right, and no waiver by either party of any breach of these terms by the other shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- 10.8 If any provision of these terms is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the other provisions of these terms and the remainder of the provision in question will not be affected.
- 10.9 The Client will for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 consent to the processing of all or any personal data (in manual, electronic or any other form) relevant to the Services and/or any agent or third party nominated by TLC UK and bound by a duty of confidentiality. Processing includes but is not limited to obtaining, recording, using and holding data and includes the transfer of data to any country either inside or outside the EEA.
The Translation & Legalisation Company Limited ("TLC UK") is a company registered in England & Wales under company number 8623564, whose registered office is Redwood House, 65 Bristol Road, Keynsham, Bristol, BS31 2WB operates this website. Use of the site is governed by the following terms and conditions of use:
By using our website you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be so bound you should not access or use our website.
This website its content and the copyright thereof are owned by TLC UK. You are not permitted to reproduce any aspect of the website or content, nor to incorporate it into or otherwise store it on your own website or any other publication, whether in electronic format or otherwise. You are also not permitted to mirror the content or modify or reuse the graphics or text in any way in any medium unless you have our express prior written permission to do so.
TLC UK regularly monitors and updates as necessary the information contained on this website. Changes to our services or pricing, our terms and conditions and policies or the contents of the website may be made at any time without notice to you. Continued use of our website and/or services will signify that you agree to any such changes.
TLC UK does not accept responsibility for any loss, whether direct, indirect or consequential, which you may suffer as a result of any changes we make in accordance with condition 4 above or otherwise by placing reliance upon any of the information contained on this website. Specifically, we give no warranty, guarantee or other term as to the suitability of our services for your actual requirements. You must therefore check with the appropriate embassy or consulate that the documents you present to us for translation are all those documents that will be required at your destination.
Any telephone calls to the numbers given on this website may be recorded for the purposes of training or quality monitoring.
Any estimate as to the cost of our services which we provide following your request via this website will be based upon the limited information available to us at that time and is therefore indicative only. TLC UK reserves the right to increase the price of its services in light of any further information that you may later provide to us or any increase in the cost of providing the services which is outside of our control (for example, an increase in legalisation fees). We will inform you by email of any such increase and full payment of the extra amount must be made before we can provide the required documents.
TLC UK does not warrant or guarantee that this website or any of its links or linked sites are free from viruses. TLC UK will not accept liability for any losses or consequential losses caused by use of the website, links or linked sites. Furthermore, we do not warrant or guarantee that this website will operate error-free or on an uninterrupted basis.
TLC UK does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy or legality of the content of any linked websites and will not be held liable for anything contained on such websites.
TLC UK reserves the right to amend any typographical clerical or other error or omission to the content of this website at any time without liability to you.
In accepting these terms you warrant not to use any device, software or similar to cause damage to the website or may cause interruption or render it less efficient or otherwise affect it to its detriment.
Any services that we provide following your request for information or order via this website will be provided strictly in accordance with our Terms & Conditions of Business.
1. The information we collect and how we use it
When you place an order via our website we need to know some of your personal and contact details. We also need details of the services you require.
We gather this information to allow us to provide the required services to you. The relevant information is then used by us, our agents and sub-contractors to provide our services and to communicate with you on any matter relating to the provision of services and in general.
We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop the website and our services and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
From time to time we may provide your information to our customer service agencies for research and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the services we provide. We or our agents and sub-contractors may contact you by post, e-mail or telephone to ask you for your feedback and comments on our services.
We may also wish to provide you with information about special features of our website or any other service or products we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information, please send an e-mail message entitled [“Remove from mailing list 1”] to mail@ TLCUK.biz.
We may also want to provide you with related information from third parties we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information, please send an e-mail message entitled [“Remove from mailing list 2”] to mail@ TLC UK.biz.
We may also provide your information to carefully selected third parties whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. If you do not wish us to disclose your information in this way, please send an e-mail entitled [“Remove from mailing list 3”] to mail@ TLC UK.biz.
We may also collect IP addresses for the purpose of system administration and problem diagnosis. We will not use this information other than for our own technical purposes unless we are required to do so by law.
3 How we protect your information
The internet is not a secure medium. However we have put in place various security procedures as set out in this policy.
(Provide details of security measures in relation to the personal data processed. For example do you use firewalls, browser certification technology, limited access, use of passwords etc?)
We also keep your information confidential.
4 Updating your details
If any of the information that you have provided to TLC UK changes, for example if you change your e-mail address or name or if you wish to be removed from our database, please let us know the correct details by sending an e-mail to info@ TLC UK.biz.
5 Your consent
Owing to the global nature of the Internet infrastructure, the information you provide may be transferred in transit to countries outside the European Economic Area that do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and its use as set out in this policy. However, we have taken the steps outlined above to try to improve the security of your information. By submitting your information you consent to these transfers.
6 How to contact TLC UK